Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Thanksgiving Litany

For music swelling and echoing through the rooms of St. Columba's Church,
I thank you, Lord.

For dancing and silliness and not being afraid to look foolish,
I thank you, Lord.




For the wonder of food:  the labor that produces it, the hands that prepare it, and the providence that supplies it,
I thank you, Lord.




For the bed at 852 Calvin that is starting to call my name,
I thank you, Lord.


For family members who travel halfway around the world to be with me,
I thank you, Lord.





For family members and loved ones who are halfway around the world from me,
I thank you, Lord.

For fellow travelers on this journey,
I thank you, Lord.



For the endless beauty and wonder of this world,
I thank you, Lord.

For the promise that the darkness and despair of this world will not be endless,
I thank you (and remind you), Lord.

For the path that is waiting to lead me home to you every time I stop running away and turn around,
I thank you, Lord.

For grace sufficient,
I thank you, Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment